Deadline: 14 November 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist in Bonn, Germany.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for drafting and implementing a communication strategy for ICAT covering internal and external communications, coordinating and administrating the ICAT website and other outreach material, designing and implementing social media content, managing databases and maintaining and updating all digital and online assets.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Specialist will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Communications strategy:
- Develop a proposal for the communications strategy for ICAT, including social media guidelines, to ensure coordinated, targeted and coherent communication with existing partners, future prospects and external audiences in line with key messaging across various initiative and action areas, and coordinate its implementation.
- Coordinate the ICAT communications group in consultation with ICAT Director, consisting of representatives of the ICAT Implementing Partners, which includes managing regular communications calls.
- External communications:
- Maintain the ICAT website, in collaboration with the implementing partners of ICAT.
- Prepare content and creative inputs to ICAT communication activities and events, including follow-up with partners through the planning and execution of integrated multi-channel communication (website, social media, email marketing, webinars, side events to global climate conferences, etc.).
- Preparation of outreach material, such as flyers, brochures, power-point presentations, regular newsletters etc.
- Knowledge management and internal communications:
- Support of the development of a knowledge management activities and preparation of tools for implementing it.
- Support ICAT Director in developing ICAT internal communication flows with the Donor Steering Committee, the Advisory Committee and the Initiative Coordination Team.
- Develop the preparation of project and programmatic documents for expanding ICAT.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in International Relations, Environmental Management, Communication or any other relevant subject is required.
- A first level University degree with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant past experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years (7 years if combined with a Bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible experience within the fields of communication is required.
- Experience with climate policy and sustainable development is highly desirable.
- Experience of working within the international development sector, and on climate action and transparency matters in particular, is a significant asset.
- Experience in web design is desirable.
- Experience working with social media and website management (including content creation) is desirable.
- Knowledge of the UN climate process is desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills required.
- Experience with Adobe In-Design is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another, official UN language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.