Deadline: 2 August 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Development Coordination Officer, Communications for Program Support and Outreach in Conakry, Guinea. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Development Coordination Officer will perform the following functions-
- Plan and facilitate strategy, outreach and communications for program support to support UNDAF
- Provide technical assistance to the Resident Coordinator and the United Nations Country Team to design, implement and monitor aspects of the Joint Outreach and Communication Strategy, to promote the UNDAF as the primary an instrument for planning and implementing United Nations development activities in the country, to support the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Plan and facilitate the promotion of awareness and communication as a vehicle for a participatory approach to UNDAF implementation and monitoring, to reflect the views and priorities of individuals, including those most left to account.
- Monitor and analyze the media in the areas of United Nations mandates and programs in the country, as well as other issues relating to the United Nations brand and positioning.
- Provide technical support to the Resident Coordinator and the United Nations Country Team on public messaging and media awareness, and to help manage reputational risks or crises resulting from sensitive issues.
- Contribute to building partnerships and media relations
- Plan and facilitate the participation of key traditional and non-traditional partners, including government, civil society, private sector, development partners and other traditional and new actors in the 2030 Collective Agenda, as well as the role of and the related impact of UN activities in the country.
- Provide technical support to the Resident Coordinator and the United Nations Country Team to significantly expand awareness of the 2030 Agenda and the role and impact of the United Nations in the country.
- Plan and facilitate public appearances to discuss the role and activities of the United Nations in the country, including undertaking program-related visits to highlight the impact of the United Nations on development.
- Plan and facilitate digital communications
- Create external digital platforms such as the United Nations Country Team website and UN social networks (Facebook and Twitter accounts, etc.), and ensure their functioning.
- Plan and facilitate the development and implementation of a digital content strategy and contribute to the development of key communication products (eg stories based on real life stories, photographs, videos, animations, etc.).
- Provide technical support to publications and branding management
- Provide technical support to the Resident Coordinator and the United Nations Country Team in the context of joint United Nations publications, maintaining high quality standards and ensuring the effective implementation of United Nations ‘brand image.
- Prepare the contributions of the Resident Coordinator and the United Nations Country Team on the use of the UN Joint Brand at the country level for all UN products, both online and offline .
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in the field of communication, journalism, public administration or business, sustainable development, social sciences, education or a related field.
- Otherwise, a first-level university degree plus 2 additional years of relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in communication for program support and outreach or partnership building in the field of international cooperation, development or in a related field.
- English and French are the two working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Knowledge of the second language is desirable.
- Knowledge of another official language of the Organization is an asset.
- Nationality of Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.