Deadline: 8 January 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Innovation consultant, Health Emergencies in Panama.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Innovation consultant, Health Emergencies will perform the following functions-
- Map innovation tools in health, using Global Innovation Center tools and strategies, as well as their use in the region.
- Develop, implement and monitor a regional innovation strategy for Public Health Emergencies (PHE) /Zika, to include, among others, U-Report (taking into consideration CO and Global platform) and other mass communication/youth engagement tools (e.g. Internet of Good Things) within the context of the “survive and thrive” outcome of the LAC Regional Plan and to contribute to the overall LACRO Innovation strategy.
- Technical assistance to COs (in particular eight priority UNICEF country offices with Zika response plan) in their development, implementation, monitoring and fundraising for innovation strategies to contribute to their zika and other public health emergencies objectives.
- This should include capacity building of partners and national governments in the tools.
- Provide technical support to COs with own U-Report platform for Zika, health emergency preparedness and response and other health programmes (HIV, adolescent health, etc).
- Share Zika toolkits with U-Report platforms to global UNICEF communities
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in areas of communications and technology development, use of innovative tools for communication, preferably implemented in a developing country.
- At least 2 yrs of progressive experience in partnership development, youth engagement and youth outreach, particularly using social media and digital media.
- Relevant experience in related areas in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.