Deadline: 10 September 2017
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of International Consultancy for Policy Advocacy in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The International Consultancy for Policy Advocacy will perform the following functions-
- Conduct interviews and consultations with relevant UNICEF team members, Government, CSO and development partners with the view to develop applied understanding of the relevance of these topics to setting children’s agenda in Tajikistan.
- Support the definition of UNICEF advocacy strategy in these areas by developing sound policy recommendations aligned with country level and regional (RKLA 10), global strategies (new Strategic Plan).
- Based on the identified needs and priorities and the national context, identify suitable policy solutions, identifying and addressing different needs of girls and boys, which will guide UNICEF advocacy at the country level (with Government and CSOs as well as donors and development partners) while feeding into regional and global knowledge related to the most disadvantaged children and adolescent girls and boys.
- Design policy brief papers (that include a narrative and visual component) on the selected priority policy areas and one overarching brief including visuals on adolescent referral pathway (cross-sectoral).
Applicants must have –
- Advanced university degree or equivalent experience in a field related to social/public policy, communication, journalism, international or community development, law or similar fields.
- Demonstrable research and writing skills.
- Strong familiarity with writing policy briefs with past experience in child protection, adolescent development and participation an asset.
- Well-versed on policy issues, equity, gender equality, and child rights analysis; with specific knowledge of Central Asia as an asset.
- Solid experience in working with and proactively engaging diverse stakeholders.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with either the UN and NGOs.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Good written and spoken skills in Russian and/or Farsi/Tajik, an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.