Deadline: 29 April 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Media and Communications Officer in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Media and Communications Officer will perform the following functions:
- Initiate, research and write targeted information products for NRC in consultation with regional advisor.
- Initiate, develop press releases and media products as needed and requested.
- Develop and maintain list of media contacts and establish professional media relationships for NRC.
- Produce communication and information products including annual/quarterly reports and initial drafts of articles for strategies, reports, press releases, newsletters et in collaboration with program staff.
- Conduct regular media monitoring for relevant updates, share analysis periodically with line manager, general management team and staff, either through writing or by presentations.
- Develop project/program communication products in liaison with project teams ensuring adherence to NRC standard communication and branding guidelines.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor Degree in related media and communications or similar.
- Experience in producing varied communication materials.
- Experience with coordinating communication and media content.
- Demonstrated ability or experience in finding new creative media angles and new platforms to present communications work.
- Experience in developing and using a variety of social media platforms.
- Experience in building relationships.
- Strong communication, coordination and representational skills.
- Strong and documented writing skills writing for humanitarian organisations or comparable.
- Strong and documented experience in working with social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Strong experience in photography, videography and other visual arts etc..
- Previous documented experience in working as a Media or Communications in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Fluency in French and good in English both written and verbal.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.