Deadline: 23 July 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Regional Media and Communications Adviser in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Regional Media and Communications Adviser will perform the following functions:
- Establish the format and cycle of country communications plan development, and maintain oversight of these plans.
- Initiate, produce and support the production of strong communication products to enhance NRC’s influencing work, build its profile across audiences, as well as public engagement and fundraising.
- Pitch and manage interviews, press releases and field visits to international and local media outlets to draw attention to humanitarian needs and neglected crises, NRC’s work and public advocacy issues.
- Provide media interview training for NRC staff.
- Ensure the regional social media platforms are updated on a regular basis as agreed with HO media.
- Produce and update regular media talking points and support NRC’s contingency communications plans including rapid reactive responses to events in the region.
- Coordinate content harvesting in the region on behalf of NRC HO with fundraising purpose.
- Participate in programme design processes to advise how media and communications tools could be used to enhance NRC’s programme delivery for greater impact.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Media, Communications or any course relevant to the role is required.
- 3 year’s of senior work experience as a media/communications role – preferably related to development / humanitarian crises or an established career in media within the East Africa and Yemen region.
- Experience in producing: Content for different target audiences, social media content, photos and videos and editing the same.
- Demonstrated ability to find new and creative media and communication angles on stories and pitches.
- Field experience from complex emergencies is desirable.
- Fluency in written and verbal English is essential.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.