Deadline: 31 December 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Communications Officer in Paris, France. The duration of this post 2 years.
The Senior Communications Officer will be responsible for help implement the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) advocacy and communications strategy in support of GPE’s goals and objectives.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Communications Officer will perform the following functions:
- Media engagement:
- Expand GPE’s reach and visibility by fostering and managing media relationships, pitching GPE stories and leaders to prominent outlets, and tailoring messages to key audiences in European markets and the Middle East.
- Identify media opportunities for GPE’s leadership in European markets, working closely with the donor team.
- Oversee media coverage, identify communication risks and prepare mitigation plans in the context of corporate and operational communication.
- Publications and content production:
- Manage the full production of GPE’s Annual Report, including planning, coordinating with relevant teams within the GPE Secretariat, managing consultants and developing a plan for dissemination.
- Identify needs and produce other publications as necessary to meet the expectations of a variety of audiences.
- Produce impactful content, including written pieces, on GPE results and impact stories, applying GPE’s messaging tailored as needed to European audiences.
- Outreach and campaigns:
- Identify strategic opportunities to position GPE at key events, working closely with the donor team.
- Advise on trends, developments and circumstances that could impact GPE’s work and propose strategies to use opportunities or mitigate risks.
- Lead the communication efforts for advocacy and outreach events in Europe (e.g. leadership engagements including speeches, media conferences, seminars and public meetings).
- Develop and maintain strong collaboration with counterparts in partner organizations located in Europe, such as multilateral agencies and donor governments, civil society organizations and advocacy partners.
- Accompany GPE leadership during travel in Europe and in partner countries, to ensure GPE’s messaging, visibility and positioning are followed.
- Travel to Washington D.C. to work with colleagues in the GPE Secretariat at least every 6 weeks.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant Master’s degree with at least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional ability to translate complex ideas and information into simple messages and communication strategies.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and French, and ability to produce high-quality written content for a variety of audiences and mediums.
- Substantial experience producing a diverse range of publications, including major reports.
- Strong project management, organizational, research and analytical skills and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- Successful engagement and ongoing relationship with influential mainstream media, particularly in Europe and Africa.
- Cultural sensitivity and strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with people at various professional levels and from diverse backgrounds.
- Personal and professional integrity, self-motivation and proven ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated willingness to provide help, assistance and support to members of the team.
- Demonstrated political acumen and knowledge of the key actors in global affairs and dynamics in the public policy environments that impact GPE’s work and strong experience working in international environments would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.