Deadline: 2 July 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Supply Chain Officer in Kiev, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 4 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Officer will perform the following functions:
- Organize the effective transportation, delivery and storage of national and international operational support and programme supplies, for WHO’s incident management operations in the field.
- Liaise with responsible officials in WHO Headquarters and regional office organizing procurements and shipments at place of origins as well as Ukrainian national customs regarding the timely and efficient customs clearance, reception of international supplies.
- Adapt existing or develop, and implements inventory/stock control management mechanisms; develop and apply monitoring tools, and reporting systems.
- Monitor the maintenance of the required stockpiles of essential incident management equipment, e.g. personal deployment material, radios, satellite telephones, IT equipment, etc.
- When required, support the national authorities in leading and coordinating the national distribution plan of essential items to the health facilities network.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in communications, journalism, international relations, global studies, political science, history, social science, public health or a related field from a recognized university.
- Advanced University Degree in a relevant field.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s level, Master’s level) in development economics, business administration, logistics, engineering, supply chain management or a field of studies relevant to the position.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management and/or Logistics.
- Training or knowledge of information management systems and their application to supply management and monitoring.
- At least 2 years’ experience, at the national level, in supply chain management, supply logistics or procurement in a health care emergency response, or humanitarian response operations, or related area.
- Relevant experience with(in) WHO, the UN system, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or international nongovernmental organization work in the field of outbreaks and/or health emergency response.
- Expert knowledge of English and Local language.
- Expert knowledge of Russian.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.