Deadline: 20 July 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief Field Office in Tapachula, Mexico.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief Field Office will perform the following functions:
- Effective management of UNICEF presence, staff, and assets
- Represent UNICEF in the region, by participating in meetings and events, moving forward the agenda for children.
- Knowledge Management for Programmes
- Ensure that area/country programmes are supported by knowledge management through data collection and analysis, complete and accurate reporting as well as participation in the Programme Knowledge Network system of “lessons learned” and other corporate-level databases.
- Programme Development and Management
- Identify critical intervention points and measures by administering a consistent and transparent monitoring system; analyse country level socio-political-economic trends and their implications for ongoing programmes and projects.
- Optimum Use of Program Funds
- Establish and supervise programme work plans and monitor progress and compliance. Monitor the overall allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored, and liquidated.
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluations
- Undertake field visits and ensures that his/her staff conduct field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on required corrective action.
- Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach
- Adopt rights-based programmes approach in the formulation of programme goals and objectives and development of strategies and implementation frameworks.
- Rights Perspective and Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels
- Conduct policy analysis from a children’s and women’s rights perspective and advocacy at the government, community, and family levels for elevating credibility in national and international policy debates.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university Degree in one of the following fields is required social sciences, international relations, public administration, government, and public relations, public or social policy, sociology, social or community development, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional work experience in programme management, planning, monitoring and evaluation, project administration or another relevant area is required
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Familiar/ background with emergency is required.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.