Deadline: 2 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Officer in Tijuana, Mexico.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Child Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
- Promote and follow up the implementation of psychosocial support activities:
- Coordinate with the authorities and other actors that work within the shelters and spaces/corners where UNICEF´ strategy is executed.
- Provide recommendations in order to improve the shelters and spaces operation.
- Provide technical assistance to implement the alternative care model
- Promote UNICEF alternative care model for children and adolescents in the context of migration in Tijuana from a child-rights approach.
- Carry out internal coordination activities and prepare monitoring reports
- Follow-up the implementation of the all the above-mentioned activities as required by UNICEF Mexico and its Field Office in Tijuana.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required Law, Social Sciences or other related areas desirable a Master’s in human rights or related areas.
- Minimum 1 year’s relevant experience in the field of child protection, and adolescent rights, international protection procedures and migration contexts.
- Experience in cultivating relations with public and private institutions (NGOs, shelters, UN Agencies, among others) at federal and local level.
- Experience working in field location/areas and advocacy efforts on migration and special protection system for children, with a focus on psycho-social care and alternative care.
- Background/familiarity with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish, Proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.