Deadline: 6 September 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Officer in Tijuana, Mexico.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Child Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Research and analyze regional and national political, protection, social and economic development trends.
- Collect, analyze, verify, and synthesize information to facilitate programme development, design and preparation.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to collect, analyze and share information on implementation issues, suggest solutions on routine programme implementation and to submit reports to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decisions.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Undertake field visits and surveys, and collect and share reports with partners and stakeholders
- Assess progress and provide technical support and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on child protection.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Identify, capture, synthesize, and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field.
- Minimum 1 year’s professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection related areas is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English & Spanish is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.