Deadline: 6 February 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication Officer in Mexico.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Officer will perform the following functions:
- Communication materials
- Ensure that the production of communication products and materials is timely executed and followed up to support country communication strategy, regional and global campaigns, and priorities and to support resource mobilization as set out in the work plan.
- Media relations
- Maintain and update media relations contact list/database. Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media.
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Assist in coordinating appropriate audience research and compiling and analyzing relevant data.
- Celebrities, partners, and special events
- Assist in developing and maintaining close collaboration with mass media, as well as with groups and organizations whose support is essential to the achievement of advocacy and communication objectives.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- Minimum 1 year’s practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media, together with demonstrated experience in successfully generating and managing alliances with high-profile individuals and institutions (specifically in the communication sector) for non-profit purposes, as well as curating complex public events at minimum cost to the client.
- Field work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations, an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.