Deadline: 2 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Mexico.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate the development of programme cooperation agreements (PCAs) by providing information and drafting selected sections of it.
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording and administrative processing of government & NGO’s proposals and requests for direct cash transfers (DCTs).
- Conduct programme monitoring in UNICEF focus districts for cash and supplies and informing team-members on the status.
- Help conduct regular spot checks of partner’s projects to assess their financial record-keeping, expenditure controls and reporting systems.
- Monitor and track the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Support the programme section in researching, compiling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate programme delivery as well as preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Regularly monitoring budgets and financial expenditures of section by employing applicable tools, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision and/or follow up.
- Help prepare periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Support capacity development activities related to programme development by preparing training materials and participating in exercises.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 6 year’s administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Experience in budget management (planning, monitoring, critical review, reporting) is an asset.
- Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of English is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.