Deadline: 24 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Associate in Mexico.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Support to financial planning, management and budget management
- Advise and assist on all aspects related to preparation of reports, compilation of data and answering queries on pledges recorded, funds received, adjustments made to ensure financial compliance, accuracy and completeness of data for its inclusion into statement of accounts and adjustment of budgets.
- Cash management
- Manage bank, petty and cash on hand accounts transactions and operations in accordance with UNICEF/UN financial regulations and rules, policies, procedures and local banking practices. Keep supervisor and relevant colleagues informed for timely action.
- Administrative support and property management
- Ensure timely and effective delivery and improvement in administrative support and office services for enhanced quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness, including space management, transport services, vehicle use and maintenance, equipment, conference and travel arrangements, document reproduction, communications, mail and delivery services, local procurement and bill payments of utilities.
- Contract arrangement and control
- Ensure that all administrative transactions and arrangements of contracts are following the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Supervision of warehousing and inventory management
- Maintain appropriate warehousing and inventory management processes in support of the country programme implementation.
- Ensure accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are in place, and relevant records are properly maintained.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or University courses in Finance, Business Administration, Management, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, Contract/Commercial Law, International Development, Health or related social science field will be an asset.
- At least 7 year’s progressively responsible experience in office management, finance, accounting, and administration is required.
- Experience in financial and administrative management is required.
- Work experience in emergency duty station is an asset.
- Familiarity with HACT is an advantage.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.