Deadline: 5 December 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Supply Associate in Mexico.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Supply Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide relevant assistance and support in procurement and contracting:
- Provide input to the formulation of the annual Supply Plan. Conduct data review and analysis for category management and assist in the development of procurement strategies.
- Conduct and monitor effective in-country logistics:
- Provide input on the logistics component of the supply plan, including advising on infrastructure constraints (e.g. customs clearance, port capacity, transport options and warehousing capacity) and different delivery mechanisms. Keep track of demurrage and detention charges.
- Warehousing and inventory management:
- Follow UNICEF policies and procedures, assess warehousing capacity including facilities, conditions of equipment, manpower, and processes.
- Accurate management of supply and logistics information:
- Ensure continuous availability of data related to procurement, including forecasting, requisitions received, orders placed, incoming goods, actual delivery schedules. Prepares periodic reports, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Collaboration and Partnership:
- Support assessment of and collaboration with implementing partners including civil society, for establishment of Programme Cooperation Agreements (PCAs), and monitoring of supply components under Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT).
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or University courses in Finance, Business Administration, International Relations, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement or related Social Science field will be an asset.
- Minimum 7 year’s progressively responsible experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, contracts management or supply administration.
- Experience in logistics and warehousing is desirable.
- Understand the development and humanitarian work is an advantage.
- Depth knowledge of procurement and supply theory and process.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.