Deadline: 21 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Officer in Mexico.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Develop a clear childcare position that guides policy and programme action
- Develop a clear childcare position based on the existing policy framework for a national care system, as well as on the government structure to provide such services.
- Support analytical work and provides technical support on childcare policies to government, civil society organizations and other partners.
- Strengthen social protection coverage and impact for children
- Support strengthening of integrated social protection systems, providing technical support to partners to improve the linkages of childcare services with cash transfers and child grants.
- Support improved monitoring and research around social protection impact on child outcomes and use of data and research findings for strengthening programme results.
- Improve use of public financial resources for children
- Support the identification of policy options for improved domestic financing of child-sensitive social protection interventions, mainly childcare policies.
- Undertake and builds capacity of partners for improved monitoring and tracking of public expenditure to support transparency, accountability and effective financial flows for essential service delivery, including through support to district level planning, budgeting and public financial management as well as facilitating community participation
- Strengthen advocacy and partnerships for child-sensitive social policy
- Support correct and compelling use of data and evidence on the situation of children and coverage and impact of child focused services in support of the social policy programme and the country programme overall.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 1 year’s relevant professional experience is required in areas such as social policy, social protection, labour economics and economic analysis in government or international development agencies.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as a strong asset.
- Strong knowledge of Mexican childcare policies, services and programmes is strongly desired.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.