Deadline: 14 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Officer in Mexico.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Develop clear childcare position that guides policy and programme action
- Develop clear childcare position based on the existing policy framework for a national care system, as well as on the government structure to provide such services.
- Support analytical work and provides technical support on childcare policies to government, civil society organizations and other partners.
- Strengthening social protection coverage and impact for children
- As part of a larger team focusing its work on social protection, the Social Policy Officer provides support to the development of social protection policies, legislation and programmes with attention to increasing coverage of and impact on children, with special attention on the most marginalized.
- Identify, generate and present evidence to support this goal in collaboration with partners.
- Improve use of public financial resources for children
- Support the identification of policy options for improved domestic financing of child-sensitive social protection interventions, mainly childcare policies.
- UNICEF Programme Management
- Manage and Coordinate technical support around child poverty, social protection, public finance and governance ensuring it is well planned, monitored, and implemented in a timely fashion so as to adequately support scale-up and delivery.
- Ensure risk analysis and risk mitigation are embedded into overall management of the support, in close consultation with UNICEF programme sections, Cooperating Partners, and governments.
Applicants must have:
- University Dcegree in one of the following fields is required Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 1 year’s of relevant professional experience is required in areas such as social policy, social protection, labour economics and economic analysis in government or international development agencies.
- Strong knowledge of Mexican childcare policies, services and programmes is strongly desired.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as a strong asset.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.