Deadline: 21 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer in Pohnpei, Micronesia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Officer will perform the following functions:
- Programme development and planning.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response.
- Networking and partnership building.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering, or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are a strong asset.
- Minimum 1 year’s professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- Good understanding of national government WASH-related policies plans and strategies, and institutional arrangements is required.
- Knowledge of the latest guidance and best practices for WASH programming in the Pacific context especially WASH in health care facilities will be a valuable asset.
- Fluency in English and local language of the duty station.
- Nationality of Micronesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.