Deadline: 3 August 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Chisinau, Moldova . The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Draft project-related correspondence and documents in consultation with the Head of Office and the project team members.
- Independently composes and finalizes correspondence of administrative nature.
- Revise correspondence, reports, and documents for proper form and (non-technical) content.
- Support the Head of the Office and project team with the project financial implementation by executing the necessary actions / end-to-end transactions in support of a smooth project delivery.
- Maintain financial records for the project financial implementation, support the preparation of financial reports in compliance with the donor requirements, completes cash/advance reconciliations, manages the Country Office e-Imprest account and petty cash.
- Monitor and review the financial implementation and utilisation of the project resources (planned vs utilized, eligibility of costs, reviewing certificates of expenditure, monitoring budget categories, etc.) and reporting deadlines in accordance with the donors’ specific reporting schedules and requirements.
- Make administrative arrangements for country and intercountry activities related to the project implementation with regard to preparation of standard contracts (APW, DFC, etc.) as per the established EURO guidelines, recruitment of consultants and temporary advisers, and arrangements of events, study tours and duty travel in accordance with the approved project plans.
- Establish and maintain the filing system of technical documents and correspondence.
- Establish and update a proper computerized information system on on-going collaboration, counterparts, inter-related activities of other international or national partners.
Applicants must have:
- Equivalent to graduation from secondary school or equivalent technical or commercial school.
- Relevant higher education Degree.
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible experience in the administrative/financial field.
- Experience within UN and/or WHO.
- Administrative/finance training, or equivalent work-related experience, including proven skills in standard office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and note taking.
- Basic training in accounting principles and work with computerized systems and databases.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of Local Language and Russian.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.