Deadline: 1 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social & Economic Analysis Specialist in Moldova.
The Social & Economic Analysis Specialist will be accountable for effective engagement in policy dialogue with the Government to develop social and economic policies contributing to realization of children’s rights, and advocate for increased public resource allocation.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social & Economic Analysis Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Participates in social policy dialogue and development with the Government, engages in and establishes constructive dialogue and partnerships between international and local stakeholders to support the development of social policies and programmes contributing to the progressive realization of children’s rights.
- Promotes the advocacy for social protection and social welfare reform and public financing, in close consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the central and local authorities to assist in planning, policy discussion and service delivery closely responding to the needs of local communities.
- Provides on-going support in making decentralization sustainable through adequate local support while keeping decentralized services both accessible and effective.
- Develops programme plans of action for children at district/municipality levels, strengthens coordination between sectors and between different levels of government structures for policy implementation.
- Develops information systems for monitoring child rights indicators, with emphasis on community and child participation.
- Supports and contributes to effective and efficient planning, management, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the country programme.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, International Finance, public relations, or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation, in economic and social related fields.
- Middle income country work experience.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
- Working knowledge of Romanian or Russian language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.