Deadline: 20 January 2021
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant Representative in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Assistant Representative will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the management of UNFPA programme activities in the areas of population and development, reproductive health and gender.
- Working to advance the ICPD policy agenda in a politically sensitive environment, you will respond to changing priorities of Governments.
- Promote partnership and strategic alliances with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bilateral agencies and civil society will be key to your role.
- Coordinate technical advisers and contribute to UN systems coordination through participation in policy dialogue and provision of inputs into joint common system initiatives.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in public health, medicine, sociology, demography, gender, international relations, international development, economics, public administration, management or other related discipline.
- 5 year’s of progressively responsible professional experience in the field of development and population activities, including programme designing, appraisal and management.
- Ability to refine programme design to ensure alignment of organisational programme objectives to national priorities/capacities.
- Ability to lead and manage teams to achieve demonstrable results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to foster engaged partnerships at a high level of representation and to maintain political partnerships.
- Fluency in both English and Mongolian languages is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.