Deadline: 1 December 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Personnel – National Agriculture Specialist in Mongolia. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Personnel – National Agriculture Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Conduct assessment of training and investment needs on sustainable, resilient, climate-smart, environment- and biodiversity-friendly crop and fodder production for small farmers and crop production companies.
- Develop sustainable horticulture and crop management technical guidelines/handbook for training/advocacy on by ensuring integration of livelihood, gender and social issues as well as in consideration of in-tact, healthy ecosystem parameters (i.e. promoting soil and water conservation, reducing soil erosion in grain production) and biodiversity issues.
- Conduct training for subsistence vegetable and fruit tree growers, farmers, private companies and local government officers and trainers on environment and biodiversity-friendly, sustainable and climate-smart. horticulture/crop/fodder production techniques to promote sustainable production and reduce soil erosion.
- Lead the practical application of improved/climate-smart technologies into horticulture and crop production system by providing agro-technological on-the-job advice and training, including specific address of soil erosion, promoting sustainable water use, and reducing the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
- Cooperation with the local agriculture officers, coordinate to sub-contract agrochemical and soil erosion analysis of agricultural soil for selected plots.
- Promote biodiversity-friendly alternatives to chemical pesticides used in the target areas.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced Degree in agronomy, soil, crop and/or horticulture etc.
- Minimum 5 year’s directly applicable experience working on agronomy science and management, hands-on experience in sustainable agriculture, horticulture , crop and fodder production.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels,
- Excellent command of language in English and Mongolian including ability to write clearly and concisely at technical level.
- Nationality of Mongolia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.