Deadline: 2 November 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Transport Officer in Mongolia. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Transport Officer will perform the following functions-
- Project and TA Processing
- Support Project Team Leaders in designing loan and grant projects and preparing loan and grant approval documents, including participation in programming missions and support in the preparation of transport sector assessments, identification of transport sector performance indicators, development of the transport sector roadmap, design of project implementation arrangements, including the project management set-up preparation of Project/Facility Administration Manuals (PAM/FAM) or their equivalent, provision of inputs for Report and Recommendation of the President (RRP) preparation, such as lessons learned from past projects, data on outstanding loans, grants, TAs and participation in project processing missions as necessary.
- Project and TA Administration
- Provide support in administering loan, grant, and TA projects. Supervises update of Project Administration Memorandum/FAMs.
- Review and prepare comments/recommendations on bidding documents for procurement of goods and services, selection of consultants and training institutions to ensure compliance with ADB guidelines and policies.
- Knowledge Management
- Provide technical inputs to special transport sector reports in coordination with the sector division, knowledge products and diagnostic studies, reviews of policy papers, and reports by other departments and counterparts.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in civil engineering, transport planning or related fields, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 8 year’s experience in one or more of the following project administration/coordination, portfolio management, and project processing.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to liaise effectively with developing member country government officials, staff and management of executing agencies, representatives of civil societies, and other agencies concerned.
- Ability to liaise and deal effectively with staff, consultants, counterparts in executing agencies and other development agencies.
- Proficiency in computer-based applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.