Deadline: 30 August 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advisor, Evaluation in Washington, D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Advisor, Evaluation will perform the following functions:
- Oversee the implementation of PAHO’s Evaluations Policy by advising management on the planning, execution and reporting of all evaluative assignments in the PASB.
- Lead the collaboration of the PASB’s evaluation activity with the WHO’s Evaluation Office, to encourage alignment with WHO and other international organization practices while simultaneously promoting PASB-specific evaluative needs.
- Act as regional expert for evaluations for the AMRO Region.
- Provide advice on the formulation and review of evaluation policies and guidelines within the Organization.
- Maintain the register of evaluations in the Organization.
- Advise managers on evaluation methodology and best practices relevant to specific assignments.
- Encourage the dissemination in the PASB of lessons learned from evaluations by using among other things, suitable technological tools to facilitate communication.
- Cooperate with professional evaluation bodies and the UN Evaluation Group to gain and share knowledge about methodologies and other evaluation issues.
- Develop guidelines, educational and training materials for evaluations.
- Report on evaluative activity to the periodic Performance, Monitoring and Assessment meetings; Collaborate in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Entity’s Biennial Work Plan (BWP).
- When called upon to directly supervise staff, establish clear work objectives, conduct timely and effective performance appraisals, provide coaching and feedback, and support staff development opportunities.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s and a master’s degree in evaluation methods and management, international affairs, economics, organizational development, information systems, project management, business or public administration, industrial engineering or in any of the areas related to the functions of the post, from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in public health would be an asset.
- 9 years of combined national and international professional experience in the field of evaluation in the social sectors, consulting and/or managing projects related to budget business process review, system development procedures, and/or project development.
- Excellent management skills for the planning, execution and coordination of a range of activities, including assignment-based reporting.
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while producing results.
- Strong writing and oral skills, including the development of reports and presentations for consideration at the highest levels of the Organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Other IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as Visio, Microsoft SharePoint and Project would be an asset.
- Very good knowledge of English or Spanish with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WHO.