Deadline: 26 February 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Manager in Kakuma, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Area Manager will perform the following functions:
- Retain an effective team through result-oriented management systems, providing leadership, on-job capacity building and designing staff development strategies.
- Provide direct management of senior program and support staff.
- Provide on-site support through frequent visits to project sites.
- Ensuring the implementation of DRC Risk Management policy at the area level.
- Ensure compliance to DRC, donor and national policies, rules, regulations and systems in a timely, responsible, documented, accurate & appropriate manner; ensures that support services are cost effective and efficient.
- Supervising all financial reporting and financial procedures, including the monthly schedule for financial reporting, donor reporting and audits, cash flow and liquidity management. This includes maintaining a master budget for the Area Office and regular monitoring of expenditure against the master budget.
- Ensure that DRC Dynamics(ERP) system is fully used in the area office used in managing Supply Chain, Finance, HR and Grant Management.
- Ensure that programs are based on user-identified needs and resources of the targeted population, are well coordinated with other aid actors, address lessons learned (from DRC and other actors) and steered towards ensuring accountability to the people to whom the services/inputs are indented to serve.
- Ensure programs are developed, implemented and evaluated within clear monitoring systems and against clear people / program / finance planning that meets DRC and donor regulations and humanitarian and CHS principles.
- Establish and maintain open and productive dialogue with the county government, relevant line ministries, community leaders, power brokers and relevant aid agencies, private businesses and donors.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in relevant field (relief, development, recovery).
- Possess at least 5-year’s relevant experience.
- At least 3-year’s experience managing large-scale multi-sector programming.
- Demonstrate experience in strategic development and program design & writing, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation at least for 5 year’s.
- Experience in livelihoods, community development, protection and relief highly desired.
- Practical and extensive financial, HR and administration management experience with extensive knowledge of budget development / management and finance documentation, tracking and archiving, understanding of HR and administration principles and ethics.
- Working experience with UNHCR, ECHO, European Aid, and BPRM.
- Result-oriented management experience of a large, diverse and dynamic team, and a commitment to good leadership.
- Proven ability to foster teamwork and commitment to on-job training / support.
- Practical and proven skills in negotiation and conflict resolution with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience in security and safety management in highly dynamic security environments.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to work independently and as a team needed.
- Proven excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English essential.
- Excellent report writing skills is a must.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.