Deadline: 11 July 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Evaluation Analyst in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Associate Evaluation Analyst will work closely with Evaluation Advisers, Chiefs of Section and Directorate of IEO to support the Office’s efficient and full delivery of the Programme of Work.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Associate Evaluation Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Support evaluations that are impartial, independent, credible and meet professional standards.
- Contribute to evaluations of programmes, policies and cross-cutting themes.
- Effectively coordinate evaluations conducted by staff members and consultants.
- Promote evaluations that meet high professional standards in line with the UNDP Evaluation Policy and UN Evaluation Norms & Standards.
- Keep abreast of developments in the area of evaluation.
- Apply evaluation techniques and approaches.
- Collaborate with other UN evaluation units and professional evaluation bodies.
- Promote the use of evaluations and support the follow-up of evaluation findings and recommendations.
- Support the reporting on recommendations and lessons learned drawn from evaluations.
- Organize meetings, workshops and other discussion forum to establish a dialogue on evaluation results.
- Advocate for the use of evaluation results in the design and appraisal of strategies, policies and projects/programmes
- Promote the evaluation function in the Organization.
- Support evaluation capacity development initiatives within the office and in other organizational units.
- Contribute to methodological improvement of and support to decentralized evaluations.
- Contribute to the development and review of policies, guidance, systems, procedures and tools related to evaluation.
- Effectively support the deployment of human and financial resources of the Independent Evaluation Office.
- Prepare budgets for individual evaluations.
- Monitor the use of resources for evaluations.
- Support the selection of evaluation consultants based on post requirements.
- Coordinate the work of evaluation consultants.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in social policy, public policy, political sciences, economics, development studies or a related area.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the conduct or management of evaluation.
- Knowledge of current international development issues.
- Experience in the use of various research methodologies.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.