Deadline: 28 May 2016
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Community Surveillance Specialist in Dakar, Senegal.
The Community Surveillance Specialist will involve rolling out mobile reporting of community level indicators in areas of high risk transmission for Ebola and other communicable diseases.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Community Surveillance Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Work with government, donor, and implementing partner counterparts on development of community level surveillance indicators and related materials for reporting epidemic prone diseases, including Ebola.
- Conduct assessments, pre tests, and other information gathering tasks to inform key activities.
- Rollout mobile phone reporting system in priority districts/villages.
- Develop data quality guidelines and standard operating procedures for surveillance activities.
- Conduct trainings on mobile reporting and data quality.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum of a graduate degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Health, Public Policy/Administration or related field.
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience supporting global health development programs, with at least 2 years working in monitoring, evaluation and learning in Ebola or other epidemic diseases.
- Knowledge of health information systems e.g. DHIS2.
- Familiarity with the IDSR or community surveillance activities.
- Experience with use of mobile phones for data collection.
- Demonstrated skills in M&E training and capacity building through technical assistance and mentoring.
- Demonstrated experience conducting assessments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and use of databases.
- Strong writing and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a limited timeframe.
- Ability to work with colleagues and external stakeholders diplomatically and effectively.
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, using own initiative.
- Full proficiency in spoken and written English and French.
- Ability to travel up to 30% within country.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV via email.
For more information, please visit Palladium.