Deadline: 30 April 2016
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director for Monitoring and Evaluation in Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo.
The Director for Monitoring and Evaluation will work closely with ADRA Deputy Chief of Party assisting with M&E and research deliverable and providing feedback to improve program quality.
ADRA works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Director for Monitoring and Evaluation will perform the following functions-
- Work as an integral member of management teams to provide guidance, direction and advice to ensure sound, and innovative performance monitoring/management plans.
- Design and develop M&E sections of the program, Understand and interpret result framework, M&E framework and IPTT.
- Collaborate with program coordinators providing advice, guidance and capacity building to assure monitoring components are managed and implemented to the terms of the Agreements.
- Participate in project start-up, close out, and project implementation for the DRC DFAP program.
- Work with sector coordinators and DCOP to ensure quality reports are submitted to donors on time and that consolidated report information is available for learning and management purposes.
- Support programs and DCOP by providing technical monitoring visits, capacity building training.
- Support evaluations, baseline surveys and needs assessments of ADRA DFAP program, including participation in the selection of qualified external consultants/contractors as required.
- Network and develop monitoring related tools and handbooks for ADRA DRC.
- Facilitate the documentation and dissemination of best practices from ADRA DRC.
- Identify and document lessons learnt and innovations from country programs.
- Support the development of Annual Program Review.
- Train staff on data quality assessments and data compilation techniques.
- Contribute to the development and updating of ADRA monitoring strategies, standards and protocols and promote their adoption and application within the ADRA Network.
- Knowledge of different strategies to improve data quality during gathering and data entry phase.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Applicants must have-
- A minimum of seven years professional experience working in international development and monitoring and evaluation programs in development countries.
- Advanced degree (Master’s or higher) in international development or a relevant field.
- Experienced in the management and monitoring of USG funded grants, at least five years of senior management experience including direct supervision of professional and support staff is desirable.
- Excellent communicator with demonstrated experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders, including government officials at the national, provincial and district levels, service orientated NGOs, civil society organizations, donors.
- Experience in training and facilitation, working with multiple countries and/or organizations on monitoring and evaluation issues.
- International or multicultural work experience preferred with demonstrated interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Ability to contribute and/or provide advanced levels of technical leadership in new program design efforts, and technical support during program implementation.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and extensive knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written English. Additional language skills are preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft products or equivalent and statistical software.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADRA.