Deadline: 24 January 2020
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Cluster Information Manager in Beira, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Cluster Information Manager will perform the following functions:
- Adapt existing in-country information management approaches for collecting, analysing and reporting Cluster activities and resources, and identifying information gaps.
- Establish and maintain information databases that consolidate, analyse and report/disseminate information critical to decision making.
- Support the estimation of spatial and temporal gaps, overlaps and coverage of Cluster activities and projects.
- Work with Cluster/participants to identify information gaps at national and sub-national levels and propose ways to bridge those gaps.
- Work with the OCHA Information Management Specialist to develop appropriate supportive strategies.
- Use GIS for map production and geographic data management.
- Respond to the Cluster participants’ needs for information.
- Adopt and promote the use of global standards for information management for inter-operability.
- Manage flows of information and dissemination in an appropriate way, including website management.
- Manage an inventory of relevant documents on the humanitarian situation.
- Support the development and analysis of needs assessment and monitoring programmes.
- Provide information management leadership in assessments and monitoring, including joint assessments and training.
Applicant must have:
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible work experience with UN, government and/or NGO, including in a humanitarian context.
- Extensive work experience outside the humanitarian sector which is relevant to this post may be considered as a replacement for humanitarian experience.
- Demonstrated skills in GIS and in using map-making packages.
- Demonstrated skills in managing data capture and storage, for analysing diverse datasets, and presenting information in understandable tables, charts, graphs and reports.
- Demonstrated skills in MS Excel or MS Access (e.g. pivot tables and functions) and other relevant IM programs and systems.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work and network effectively with a wide range of people to reach broad consensus.
- Knowledge of the IASC Cluster System and recent humanitarian reform developments, including the Transformative Agenda.
- Knowledge of establishing and managing basic websites (e.g. UNOCHA’s Humanitarian Response platform).
- Skills in web design and software development.
- Experience in information management in the first phase of a major emergency response relevant to the cluster.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document please also include details of their current remuneration and salary expectations with their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.