Deadline: 24 January 2020
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Cluster Information Manager in Beira, Mozambique. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Education Cluster Information Manager will perform the following functions:
- Adapt existing in-country information management approaches for collecting, analysing and reporting Cluster activities and resources, and identifying information gaps.
- Establish and maintain information databases that consolidate, analyse and report/disseminate information critical to decision making.
- Support the estimation of spatial and temporal gaps, overlaps and coverage of Cluster activities and projects.
- Work with Cluster/participants to identify information gaps at national and sub-national levels and propose ways to bridge those gaps.
- Work with the OCHA Information Management Specialist to develop appropriate supportive strategies.
- Use GIS for map production and geographic data management.
- Respond to the Cluster participants’ needs for information.
- Adopt and promote the use of global standards for information management for inter-operability.
- Manage flows of information and dissemination in an appropriate way, including website management.
- Manage an inventory of relevant documents on the humanitarian situation.
- Support the development and analysis of needs assessment and monitoring programmes.
- Provide information management leadership in assessments and monitoring, including joint assessments and training.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicant must have:
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible work experience with UN, government and/or NGO, including in a humanitarian context.
- Extensive work experience outside the humanitarian sector which is relevant to this post may be considered as a replacement for humanitarian experience.
- Demonstrated skills in GIS and in using map-making packages.
- Demonstrated skills in managing data capture and storage, for analysing diverse datasets, and presenting information in understandable tables, charts, graphs and reports.
- Demonstrated skills in MS Excel or MS Access (e.g. pivot tables and functions) and other relevant IM programs and systems.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work and network effectively with a wide range of people to reach broad consensus.
- Knowledge of the IASC Cluster System and recent humanitarian reform developments, including the Transformative Agenda.
- Knowledge of establishing and managing basic websites (e.g. UNOCHA’s Humanitarian Response platform).
- Skills in web design and software development.
- Experience in information management in the first phase of a major emergency response relevant to the cluster.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document please also include details of their current remuneration and salary expectations with their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.