Deadline: 6 September 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Evaluation Officer in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Evaluation Officer will participate in validation and evaluation work on a range of sectors particularly those falling under the Equitable Growth, Finance and Institutions (EFI) Practice Group.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions:
- Conduct and participate in evaluations of country programs and strategies, and project-level or country strategy-level validations and evaluations.
- Conduct and participate in corporate and sector/thematic evaluations, assessing the effectiveness of the institution and the development effectiveness of World Bank assistance. .
- Contribute to the development of evaluation approaches and methods.
- The Evaluation Officer will, among others, contribute to design, test, and finalize guidelines, develop training for evaluators, improve dissemination of approaches and relevant material, contribute workshops and events, and participate in networking with relevant stakeholders.
- Set and uphold high standards of quality for evaluations, contributing as appropriate to departmental, group and cross-sectoral activities designed to help IEG pursue its mission, including corporate responsibilities to peer review, disseminate, and contribute in other forms to the development of IEG products.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree and 5 years of professional experience in development evaluation, development economics, public policy, or related field across regions and/or sectors.
- Superior analytical skills, as evidenced by a track record of involvement in policy analysis, country and program evaluation, corporate evaluation and/or thematic evaluation.
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods.
- Possessing an independent mind-set, sound judgment, and the ability to conduct critical, evidence-based assessments.
- High degree of professional integrity, discretion, tact, and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients, colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- This implies and requires demonstrated maturity and sound judgment, attention to detail, and ability to convey complex messages succinctly and diplomatically.
- Familiarity with development issues and development operations, including concern for development results and the processes to achieve them.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues (translated into effective oral and written briefs).
- Proven ability and flexibility to work simultaneously on a variety of tasks, meet deadlines, and provide quality outputs.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Knowledge of Spanish, Arabic and/or Portuguese desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work as part of a team and to reach out to partners and other stakeholders to help IEG achieve high-quality evaluation results.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WBG.