Deadline: 3 June 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant in Herat, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 7 months.
The M&E Assistant will be responsible will be supporting the monitoring and evaluation team with the sampling, collection, analysis and reporting of the data for the projects.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The M&E Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Generic responsibilities:
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Specific responsibilities:
- Planning and Maintaining M&E Systems.
- Support M&E section in coordination process to establish programme level M&E systems.
- Help the team in working on the M&E planning and providing support in planning the M&E annual work plan as needed.
- Contribute to the program data collection, entry and management system through tablets and KoBo collect and documentation of the filing.
- Programme Support
- Perform data collection methodology and apply M&E tools in actual data collection, as needed.
- Support the core competencies in baseline surveys and PDMs.
- Support in data management and development of clear information flow between programme and M&E staff, as needed.
- Report monitoring data in a timely manner to the M&E officer.
- Handling the complaints, response and feedback (CRFM) cases and respond to the phone calls from the beneficiaries and up to date tracking of CRFM system.
- Support in M&E related tasks whenever required.
- Come up new initiatives, should these arise during the employment period.
- Other activities agreed and discussed with the M&E officer and M&E Department in Herat.
- Any other tasks assigned by the direct supervisor.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Minimum university degree in social science, economics, rural development or in other related fields.
- Prior experience with monitoring and evaluation is required.
- Post-graduate certificate in M&E related field such as surveys, sampling, data analysis.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity.
- Experience and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Experience with field level coordination with UN organisations, INGOs, Donors and authorities.
- Experience from working in IDP /refugee related programmes.
- English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Fluency in Dari and Pashtu.
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of digital data collection platforms (KoBo, CommCare, Ona).
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.