Deadline: 25 June 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator in Amman, Jordan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The M&E Coordinator will work with the M&E manager in ensuring that reports produced by the unit is of high quality and can be shared internally and externally to inform decision makings.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The M&E Coordinator will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems, including monitoring and evaluation standard operation procedures, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for monitoring and evaluation.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing monitoring and evaluation, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of programme and monitoring and evaluation support staff on monitoring and evaluation technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor monitoring and evaluation support staff in executing monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Contribute to the design of monitoring and evaluation staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for monitoring and evaluation needs.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Lead the documentation and sharing of M&E reports that facilitate evidencebased decision-making, both internally within NRC Jordan and externally with partners and donors.
- Contribute to the development of the country office’s M&E framework.
- Implement guidance and frameworks for CO procedures, policies and processes.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- University graduate.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in relevant field.
- At least 5 year’s experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making.
- Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods.
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) .
- Positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
- Nationality of Jordan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.