Deadline: 31 October 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of M&E (Monitoring & Evaluation) Coordinator in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
The M&E Coordinator will ensure the establishment and coordination of a systematic Monitoring and evaluation system for all Plan International Nigeria’s Humanitarian projects.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The M&E Coordinator will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for humanitarian programs that will ensure timely data collection and reporting.
- Ensure M&E-specific elements of staff and local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented.
- Report results of M&E activities to donors by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate.
- Provide coordination and supervision on M&E to ensure technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets.
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Project/unit heads, sector Specialists, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems.
- Coordinate evaluation/research/survey efforts, to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Ensure that all project establish and maintain community feedback mechanisms.
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and record keeping.
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning.
- Conduct targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits.
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Supervise humanitarian MERL staff (MERL officers and data management officers) across different projects.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large multi-year international development programs, with a robust M&E component.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrate strong coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Strong PM&E knowledge and skills
- Skills in digital data collection and management.
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Plan International.