Deadline: 19 December 2019
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager in Zomba, Malawi. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The MEAL Manager will be responsible for providing support to MEAL staff and programme in the Southern Region in their day-to-day work, ensuring both data and MEAL systems in general are functional.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Child Protection Adviser will perform the following functions:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop quarterly and annual Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Plans for the Norad Framework Agreement programme.
- Provide leadership in reviewing MEAL frameworks, plans and tools for the NORAD programme.
- Support implementing partners to design effective Monitoring and Evaluation Plans and tools
- Facilitate the compilation and submission of high quality assessment reports (baseline, mid-term and end-line studies) in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage relevant Management Information System and tools for Norad Programme
- Document and share programme performance and learning (through monthly, quarterly and annual reports, etc) to inform on-going implementation and future programming.
- Make recommendations on changes in programme design or general management based on findings from MEAL and analysis of trends.
- Ensure that all staff in all projects and programmes under his/her jurisdiction fully understand and promote accountability to the general beneficiary population and children in particular, through training and coaching.
- Contribute to the establishment of feedback mechanisms to mainstream accountability across the programme/project interventions.
- Capacity Building
- Ensure appropriate MEAL staffing for all projects and programmes under his/her jurisdiction.
- Contribute to performance management of MEAL staff in all projects and programmes under his/her jurisdiction in cooperation and collaboration with Program Managers.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Demography or related field.
- Experience database development and management is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years hands-on experience in delivering MEAL functions e.g. designing, maintenance of databases and development of tools.
- Sound understanding of and ability to apply quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, including survey design, and data entry and analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to effectively use different data analysis packages (SPSS, Excess, STATA and similar statistical packages).
- Familiarity with mobile data collection platforms such Kobo Collect, ODK or Survey CTO.
- High level of understanding and ability to critically review research/evaluation reports by independent consultants.
- Ability to communicate scientific data to communities, program staff, and partners in simple and clear manner.
- Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in challenging environment from time to time.
- Ability to work within a multicultural setting.
- Experience of working in a busy INGO environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven, high-performance environment, and meet tight deadlines and multiple demands for M&E support from a results-driven team.
How to Apply
Applicants must attach a copy of CV and cover letter with their application, and include details of their current remuneration and salary expectations through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.