Deadline: 23 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of MEAL Team Leader in Adamawa, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The MEAL Team Leader will perform the following functions:
- MEAL Systems Development at Base Level in Consultation with the country M&E Manager
- Based on the project proposals, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, support the M&E Manager in the development and implementation of a system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts.
- Ensure an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems at the base level through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed.
- Conduct training for base project staff on M&E in line with identified capacity needs and provide ongoing mentoring support in consultation with the M&E Manager.
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Lead on compilation of regular monthly and quarterly base level reports using data provided by Base project teams and ensure cross checking of data.
- Support the Head of Base and technical program Managers to ensure that planned activities are carried out in a way that is timely, cost effective and adheres to quality standards.
- Provide base level project data to help with donor monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Research and Evaluation
- Coordinate with the donor-contracted Evaluation Team for conducting of activities at base and village levels.
- Support coordination of overall project/s review and evaluation activities as required.
- This includes working with the independent Evaluation Team to coordinate mid-term and final evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews as required.
- Support creation of a system for ensuring that information obtained is also shared with communities, women, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism.
- Ensure beneficiary accountability mechanism is logging and addressing complaints in a timely fashion. Ensure programme managers are aware of delays in acting on any complaints or information requests.
- Training beneficiaries, community stakeholders and programme participants on DRC complaint response mechanism to promote downward accountability.
- Knowledge Management & Learning
- In consultation with Head of Base, country M&E Manager and technical managers, facilitate and compile case studies, change stories and lessons learned reports on a regular basis to share wider programme and inform improvements in quality and delivery.
- Analyze information about the base level programme / projects and make recommendations for improvement.
Applicants must have:
- Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 3 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: Protection, Emergency NFIs, WASH, Shelter, Food security, Livelihoods and/ or Mine Risk Education initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, observations to name a few.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyses data and summaries it for a range of different audiences.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities and evaluate progress.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to DRC /DDG’s mission, values and approach.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must send CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.