Deadline: 5 March 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in Abuja, Nigeria.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will perform the following functions-
- Oversee the development and implementation of program M&E plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for program that will ensure timely data collection and reporting.
- Ensure M&E-specific elements of local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented.
- Report results of M&E activities to donors by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate.
- Provide leadership on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets.
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the sector Specialists and the Humanitarian Project Manager, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems.
- Lead efforts to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping.
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning.
- Conduct targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits.
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances, and represent M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Ensure relevant data is entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyze, and disseminate project data.
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Supervise M&E Workers and CPIMS Officer.
- Coordinate all M&E capacity-building activities with project staff and implementing partners.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelors’ Degree and 7 year’s of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large multi-year international development programs, with a robust M&E component.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Familiarity with M&E for protection projects including the Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS).
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyse data using one or more statistical software packages.
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.