Deadline: 5 March 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in Abuja, Nigeria.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will perform the following functions-
- Oversee the development and implementation of program M&E plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for program that will ensure timely data collection and reporting.
- Ensure M&E-specific elements of local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented.
- Report results of M&E activities to donors by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate.
- Provide leadership on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets.
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the sector Specialists and the Humanitarian Project Manager, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems.
- Lead efforts to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping.
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning.
- Conduct targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits.
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances, and represent M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Ensure relevant data is entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyze, and disseminate project data.
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Supervise M&E Workers and CPIMS Officer.
- Coordinate all M&E capacity-building activities with project staff and implementing partners.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelors’ Degree and 7 year’s of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large multi-year international development programs, with a robust M&E component.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Familiarity with M&E for protection projects including the Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS).
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyse data using one or more statistical software packages.
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.