Deadline: 3 February 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Zahle, Lebanon.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for engaging in data collection, analysis, reporting and validation activities, and providing direct support to the Line Manager in contributing to quality programming and organizational learning.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Support the implementation of activities to monitor programme quality.
- Contribute to the evaluation of and reflection on M&E practices in the organisation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E tools.
- Provide feedback as required on field observations and monitoring findings to the Line Manager.
- Collect data for outcome monitoring, beneficiary consultations, and other assessments as needed and following data collection protocols.
- Oversee and follow up on the work of volunteers and data collectors.
- Ensure data collected is shared with relevant parties and is adequately stored.
- Ensure adherence to planned schedules, data collection targets, and reporting deadlines.
- Support in the preparation for and implementation of lessons learned sessions.
- Organize and provide (when needed) refresher M&E trainings for relevant staff.
- Crosscheck and validate reporting in DHIS2 (District Health Information System) and flag data discrepancies.
- Support programme teams on issues and requests related to data collection tools, as needed.
- Attend core competency specific workshops, trainings, and meetings as needed.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, humanities, quantitative/qualitative research methods, public health, or any other relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience preferably in social work, research, community development, non-government, and/or outreach organizations.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.