Deadline: 5 August 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Yangon, Myanmar.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible to the development and maintenance of a functioning monitoring, evaluation and reporting system for UNOPS as Regional Principal Recipient (PR), which ensures that Co-PR and all Sub-Recipients (SR) submit timely, regular and structured monitoring reports.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will perform following functions:
- Assist in the evaluation of proposals received either as a result of such calls or direct funding and ensuring that proposals are in compliance with national programme and with the fund’s policy and strategies
- Assist in needs and resource assessments if and when needed
- Direct data auditing and verification to assure internal consistency and validity of programme activity monitoring data reported by all SRs, through quarterly data verification and auditing visits to SRs at all levels.
- Ensure that SR programme activity and financial reporting procedures are harmonized and closely integrated and cross-validate programme activity monitoring and financial monitoring data, to increase confidence in both programme and financial data sources of SRs.
- Spearhead the assessments of the quality of PR & SR activities, using agreed quality assurance checklists, through monthly monitoring visits as well as thematic programme area reviews (e.g. review of LLIN service delivery component.)
- Prepare semiannual and annual programmatic progress updates on Global Fund programme.
- Facilitate the interpretation and use of M&E data, through periodic review meetings between the PR, National program, SRs and technical partners.
- Participate and contribute to the development of Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks for Malaria.
- Facilitate implementation of capacity building activities for national partners through workshops and on the job training, mentoring, evaluation and reporting as required.
- Provide programmatic and management support to the National Malaria Control Programme and other relevant sections of the Ministry of Health to strengthen its planning, budgeting and monitoring and evaluation systems for Malaria programs, including the development of sentinel surveillance systems.
- Assess Sub-Recipient’s capacities in M&E, and develop and lead the implementation of a capacity building plan, in consultation with the Programme Manager, Public Health Programme Officer, disease control and relevant sections of the Ministry of Health.
- Develop systems and tools, and training materials to train disease control, Ministry of Health and Sub-Recipient personnel.
- Provide technical guidance for the implementation of the M&E plan, through training and other on-site support;
- Facilitate review of progress on a quarterly basis; problem solving and development of remedial actions ensuring any disparity between planned and actual outputs are addressed.
- Assist UNOPS in the identification of potential implementation problems and bottlenecks.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree preferably in Public Health, Statistics, Evaluation, Project Management, or a related area.
- Bachelor’s degree with additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years progressive responsibility for program monitoring and evaluation and management with greater independence and decision-making authority, donor relationship experience with international organizations, or related experience Prior experience working with donors/ multi-donor funds required.
- Strong experience in South East Asia region is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills is preferable.
- Sound knowledge of UNOPS regulations and rules is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2007 and/or newer versions) is required.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar Language is essential (Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral form).
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.