Deadline: 2 October 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will be responsible for the overall monitoring and evaluation of the Pooled Fund Grant Project, (S)he will supervisor 3 regional Monitoring and Assurance Officers and work closely with all project partners and stakeholders in all aspects relating to Monitoring and Evaluation and will be required to undertake frequent field visits (field missions will be up to 60% of the assignment).
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will perform following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Lead the development and maintenance of a functioning monitoring, evaluation and reporting system, which will be coherent with project documents and Terms of Reference (TOR), and will generate data that allows for programme analysis and which ensures that all grantees submit timely, regular and structured monitoring reports.
- Maintain the M&E database; review incoming data (for quality and programmatic compliance); ensure the quality of database and that the M&E data is readily available.
- Review and verify M&E findings and follow-up on implementation of the recommendations.
- Assess Grantee has capacity in M&E systems; ensure adequate feedback to/from the Grantees on data obtained from the M&E system.
- Prepare quarterly, annual, and ad hoc programmatic progress updates for UNOPS, SUN Movement Secretariat, donors.
- Supervise and coordinate with the review and verification of M&E finds from the Regional Monitoring and Assurance Officers.
- Participate in the implementation of capacity building courses through workshops and on the job training on monitoring, evaluation and reporting as required for Grantees.
- Assist UNOPS in the identification of potential implementation problems and bottlenecks.
- Provide staff training in M&E best practices.
- Organize field evaluations as required.
- Advise grant selection committee and act as subject matter specialist on grant review processes.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree preferably in Monitoring & Evaluation, Nutrition, Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, Evaluation, Project Management, Social science, Management information systems, Public administration, Business administrations, Development Studies, Economics or other relevant field.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and 2 years of additional experience relevant to the above duties and responsibilities may be accepted in lieu of the master’s university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in programme or project monitoring and evaluation or project / programme management of humanitarian projects and/or programmes or Bachelor’s Degree in same disciplines with 7 years of similar experience may be considered as equivalent.
- Fluency oral and spoken English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.