Deadline: 27 November 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a functioning monitoring, evaluation and reporting system for UNOPS as Principal Recipient (PR).
- Assist in the evaluation of proposals received either as a result of such calls or direct funding and ensuring that proposals are in compliance with national programme and with the fund’s policy and strategies.
- Assist in needs and resource assessments if and when needed.
- Direct data auditing and verification to assure internal consistency and validity of programme activity monitoring data reported by all SRs, through quarterly data verification and auditing visits to SRs at all levels.
- Ensure that SR programme activity and financial reporting procedures are harmonized and closely integrated and cross-validate programme activity monitoring and financial monitoring data, to increase confidence in both programme and financial data sources of SRs.
- Ensure timely completion of the programme section of the Progress Update and Disbursement Request (PU&DR) Global Fund Forms and subsequent submission to the Local Fund Agent, including reviewing overall performance of the whole grants and individual indicators against achieved cumulative results and making recommendations to improve performance.
- Prepare semiannual and annual programmatic progress updates on Global Fund programme.
- Facilitate the interpretation and use of M&E data, through periodic review meetings between the PR, National program, SRs and technical partners.
- Participate and contribute to the development of Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks for HIV.
- Provide programmatic and management support to the National AIDs Programme and other relevant sections of the Ministry of Health to strengthen its planning, budgeting and monitoring and evaluation systems for HIV programs, including the development of sentinel surveillance systems.
- Develop systems and tools, and training materials to train disease control, Ministry of Health and Sub-Recipient personnel.
- Provide technical guidance for the implementation of the M&E plan, through training and other on-site support.
- Assist UNOPS in the identification of potential implementation problems and bottlenecks.
- Perform other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree preferably in Public Health, Statistics, Evaluation, Project Management, or related area.
- Bachelor’s degree with additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years progressive responsibility for program monitoring and evaluation and management with greater independence and decision-making authority, donor relationship experience with international organizations, or related experience with a Master’s Degree.
- Prior experience working with donors/ multi-donor funds required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills is preferable.
- Sound knowledge of UNOPS regulations and rules is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar Language is essential (Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral form).
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.