Deadline: 26 August 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Reporting Officer in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Monitoring and Reporting Officer will provides technical analysis to the overall work of the unit through testing and revision of the WSSCC monitoring and reporting system, including indicators and data to measure results and relevance.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Reporting Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support the head of PMER Unit and other colleagues in the Unit in the implementation and all monitoring and reporting of WSSCC work plan mid-term and end-of-year reviews.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance in the area of annual planning, performance monitoring, reviews and reporting to programme teams, promoting a results mindset and M&E culture.
- Provide guidance and develop initiatives to ensure that programmes are aligned with WSSCC M&E principles.
- Produce analysis and technical support to design of results frameworks, proposing new and SMART indicators and procedures that facilitate the quality monitoring and reporting of programme results.
- Analysis of the specific data requirements of individual programmes and indicators and quality and reliability of available data sources.
- Support organizational efforts to strengthen the national monitoring approaches, striving to coordinate locally owned monitoring.
- Support the PMER Unit in proving guidance to national counterparts on monitoring and reporting of national and sector policies and strategies.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics or related discipline is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience working with monitoring and reporting systems and processes or related fields.
- Specific experience with monitoring and reporting in the sanitation and hygiene sector desirable.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Fluency in French would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.