Deadline: 10 August 2019
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Manager in Cotabato City, Philippines.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager will be responsible, in collaboration with the MEARL Lead and Pathways team members, for the implementation of the MEAL Framework which is aligned with national systems and with Ministry of Basic, Higher and Technical Education – BARMM monitoring systems and which will contribute to successful realisation of the Pathways End-of-Program-Outcomes (EOPOs).
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Manager will perform the following functions:
- Lead the on-going development of an M&E system and tools to enable the program to collect, aggregate and support analysis of data, in order to meet all relevant reporting requirements and to facilitate and inform program management.
- Lead the ongoing development of an M&E system- tools and templates, methodologies and capacity development of process, progress and outcomes monitoring.
- Co-ordinate implementation of the M&E system, M&E tools, program monitoring plans to ensure that processes and data collection methods are adequate to measure progress towards attainment of the intermediate and end-of-program outcomes as well as the effectiveness and efficiency of the strategies and processes in contributing to that progress.
- Support the programs team in developing mini- theory of change and MEL plan for each work stream.
- Support partners under the Responsive Innovation Fund in developing their MEL plan and building their capacity on monitoring and evaluation.
- Lead on design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative data collection such as needs assessments, surveys using recognized methods of data collection.
- Liaise with MEARL team members to develop and standardize survey tools and other data collection forms for monitoring the program.
- Promote the principles and practices of accountability and other good practices to colleagues.
- Conduct regular field visits to track progress against indicators at the IO and EOPO level and put in place systems for routine data collection and ensure that this feed into the Pathways database.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly progress reports and statistics to colleagues and as inputs to internal reports, reports to donor, partners and key stakeholders.
- Line-manage the M&E Officers and any additional temporary or surge capacity staff, including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
- Other duties as may reasonably be required by the MEARL Lead.
Applicants must have:
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline, including study in education, policy/planning or research and data.
- In-depth experience working in relevant aspects of organisational and capacity development, policy and planning and use of data in decision-making.
- Familiarity with the DFAT M&E requirements desirable.
- Strong analytical, qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation design, management, interpretation and reporting.
- Strong, proven writing and reporting skills including expertise in the presentation and interpretation of data to guide improvement.
- Ability to work collaboratively with counterparts to achieve outstanding results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, liaison and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- In-depth understanding of the education sector in Philippines is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.