Deadline: 14 April 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Coordinator in Khartoum, Sudan.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Protection Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Ensure full compliance with DRC’s Minimum Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Standards in all projects implemented by the Jijiga field office.
- Support the development of MEAL components of project proposals, including the development of indicators and project-specific MEAL plans.
- MEAL plans and DIP will be developed in close collaboration with program teams and will be used to populate DRC’s Performance Monitoring Tracker (PMT), which will be used by the program and MEAL teams to provide monthly updates and analysis of progress against indicators.
- Collaboration with the Addis Ababa-based MEAL unit and Jijiga MEAL team, develop sector-specific data collection tools and ensure their proper use by implementing teams.
- Collaboration with other MEAL staff, lead field-level assessments, including baseline, mid-term, end-line and post-distribution monitoring surveys.
- Produce monthly analysis reports with updates on the implementation status of all assigned projects.
- Collaboration with other MEAL staff, facilitate field-level learning events to capture, document and disseminate lessons learned for internal and external purposes.
- Identify and conduct MEAL-related capacity building needs and opportunities for DRC’s program staff in the Jijiga field office and assume responsibility for facilitating trainings on Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), and beneficiary feedback and response mechanisms.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in statistics, economics, social sciences or related discipline Languages(indicate fluency level).
- Minimum 4 year’s of MEAL experience within the humanitarian or NGO field.
- Demonstrate experience translating log frames and results frameworks into monitoring plans, developing data collection tools and protocols, leading data collection and management process, designing and managing databases, and analyzing data.
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and report writing skills.
- Experience using software applications such as Excel, Access, or statistics software such as SPSS, STATA.
- Previous experience with electronic or mobile data collection.
- English Language is required and Somali Language is an advantage.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.