Deadline: 30 June 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer in Sloviansk, Ukraine.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the projects maintain its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support in development of the M&E methodology for LAP that will be aligned towards “The Donor Committee for Enterprise Development” (DCED) guidelines, applied within M4P programmes.
- Support the development of the specific tools, guidelines, assessment forms, etc. that will help DRC to capture changes in market systems that benefit the poor and define attribution of the LAP interventions in terms of achieving these changes.
- Support the development of the specific tools, guidelines, assessment forms, etc. to assess the impact of value chain interventions in relation to the gender specific needs of the LAP target population (in accordance to the main principles stipulated by “Women’s Economic Empowerment” (WEE) guidelines.
- Assist the LAP team in designing market assessments of the target communities, development of relevant questionnaires, assessment forms, community passport/profiling templates, etc.
- Ensure regular reviews of the LAP log-frame, defining the results chains for the planned market interventions and adjustment of the initial indicators as needed, to measure suggested changes.
- Organise regular workshops on monitoring evaluation and compliance in the course of the LAP implementation, to ensure all staff have the most up-to date understanding of the LAP M&E system and M&E plan.
- Work with external M&E experts that may be mobilised to support LAP M&E system development.
- Support LAP programme staff with output indicator performance tracker and produce IPT reports on a monthly basis as relevant.
- Regularly undertake field monitoring visits.
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback on field observations and monitoring findings to the MEAL Coordinator and relevant program staff.
- Ensure that the LAP programme activities are compliant with DRC accountability principles.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in relevant field (development or social research preferably with a focus on monitoring and evaluation as well as compliance issues) or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience – preferably in social work, community development, non-governmental organizations, or civil society.
- Experience working with NGOs and/or the humanitarian sector, and use of data collection tools.
- Experience working with economic recovery programmes and / or relevant corporate experience.
- Knowledge/experience with Monitoring & Evaluation specifically, information management or accountability.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of data analysis practices and tools.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Nationality of Ukraine .
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.