Deadline: 3 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Manager in Kabul, Afghanistan . The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Manager will responsible for the overall leadership, coordination and management of the DRC monitoring and evaluation activities in the country program in Afghanistan.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Manager will perform the following functions:
- Recruitment of MEAL staff.
- Capacity-building of MEAL staff and of Programme staff as it relates to MEAL and Quality Assurance.
- Design and implementation of relevant monitoring tools as well as reporting formats in consultation with Regional MEAL Manager.
- Ensure log-frames are in place for each project and are monitored properly.
- Ensure publication of analytical reports for internal use.
- Present analytical findings to relevant donors and management.
- Participate in the design and implementation of assessments and learning in coordination and cooperation with Technical Coordinators and Programme/Project Managers.
- Assist in programme/project development through the provision of relevant data and analysis.
- Provide technical and strategic advice to the Programme Managers/Coordinators on MEAL related issues.
- Oversee the implementation and coordination of MEAL activities at area/field level and at country level.
- Manage the MEAL team, including area office, and ensure that weekly/monthly work plans are in place, and monitoring targets are met.
- Supervise MEAL in project cycle (design, implementation, analysis, feedback mechanism and report writing).
- Development of internal database and information management systems.
- Ensure development and implementation of robust accountability and other quality assurance measures across all projects as per best practice and donor requirement.
- Ensure compliance with DRC MEAL MOPS.
- Ensure compliance with Regional MEAL and Programme Frameworks.
- Ensure sharing of information and analysis with key humanitarian stakeholders.
- Oversee external evaluations.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian and development programmes.
- At least 3 years’ experience with people management.
- Strong understanding of Monitoring & Evaluation principles and processes, including database management, reporting etc.
- Minimum 2 years’ working in countries responding to humanitarian crises in monitoring and evaluation, or programme design.
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management.
- Experience of working with or providing support to partners and/or a partnership model of working.
- Demonstrable experience in the nurturing of organisational learning in programmes.
- Proven facilitation and training skills with diverse audiences of NGO practitioners.
- Proven understanding of the management of knowledge within NGOs or development organisations and an ability to link this to system development.
- Proven understanding of research methodologies and the nature of evidence which will influence key decision makers in the area.
- Experience of working in insecure environments and of security management.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.