Deadline: 20 June 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning (MEAL) Officer in Baghdad, Iraq. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning (MEAL) Officer will support the DRC area office in collection, analysis and use of monitoring and evaluation data for programme improvement, learning and demonstrating impact.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning (MEAL) Officer will perform the following functions:
- Responsible for project based M&E in defined areas, ensuring that indicators are understood and required data is collected in a timely manner.
- Support the Team Leader to supervise and guide MEAL Assistants and short term enumerators/ data clerks involved in planned data collection processes to ensure accurate data is collected and compiled.
- Ensure data quality is of the highest standard, through checking understanding and collected data during pilots and practice.
- Develop ME plan for kick off meetings in cooperation with the implementing teams and MEAL specialist.
- Informs Team Leader or MEAL specialist of his/her work plan, which is made in accordance with the general MEAL plan produced at an area level.
- Update weekly the MEAL Activity Tracker, with the planned and conducted MEAL activities.
- Maintain an overview on all indicators and collection of data as per the agreed M&E plan. This requires a full understanding the tools available to assess all indicator present on the Master MEAL indicator list.
- Support the Team Leader or MEAL Specialist to ensure that all programme activities have adequate data collection tools at all times as per Master MEAL indicator list.
- Participate in baseline and endline survey exercices.
- Build capacity of DRC staff in the use of the M&E tools.
- Promote learning in the project, particularly on issues of program quality. Regularly analyze data and produce reports on best practices and case studies.
- Ensure that necessary reporting components are lined up in advance of report deadlines.
- Support in project based external reporting, such as Activity Info.
- Ensure that data for all projects is collected in a timely manner, and disseminated as required, via internal or external summaries, or reports.
- Act as area focal point when Team Leader is not available.
- Support teams with information management efforts, liaising with database and project staff to obtain required data and lists for MEAL follow up and analysis.
- Coordinate and Support the Accountability assistant with any required accountability tasks, as directed.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 2 years programming experience in humanitarian and development context with a specific focus on M&E.
- Competence using information technology including experience with word-processing, spreadsheets and database software.
- Highly developed analytical and reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
- Ability to write reports and communication pieces in english.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, sound judgment, planning and team building and facilitating skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Willingness and capacity to work in the field and travel frequently to project sites when needed.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.