Deadline: 29 February 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer in Namkhan, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officerr will perform the following functions:
- Monitoring, Evaluation
- Regularly undertake field monitoring visits to collect and document information on implementation progress and success of all programs.
- Coordinate baseline and end line as well as other surveys to ensure proper documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Support programs in conducting participatory monitoring activities using a varied suite of tools that will ensure that implementation results are captured.
- Support the development of appropriate monitoring tools and methodologies to ensure qualitative and quantitative data is included in reports.
- Regularly update all the program indicator performance trackers.
- Provide regular training / capacity building for program staff in all tools and methodologies.
- Together with DRC MEAL Team, support in identifying and documenting appropriate accountability mechanisms for adoption by programs.
- Participate in the implementation of DRC’s Feedback, Complaints and Response Mechanism (F-CRM)
- Learning and project quality
- Support program team in capturing and documentation of lessons learned and best practices.
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned, reports and events.
- Capacity building
- Capacity build, train and support sectors and field staff to improve the field monitoring or any other MEAL needs.
- Participate in induction of MEAL to relevant program and support staff.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in relevant field (development or social research preferably with a focus on monitoring and evaluation as well as compliance issues) or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant work experience – preferably in social work, community development, non-governmental organizations, or civil society.
- Experience working with NGOs and/or the humanitarian sector, and use of data collection tools.
- Knowledge/experience with Monitoring & Evaluation specifically, information management or accountability.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Basic knowledge of data analysis practices and tools.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.