Deadline: 29 February 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer in Namkhan, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officerr will perform the following functions:
- Monitoring, Evaluation
- Regularly undertake field monitoring visits to collect and document information on implementation progress and success of all programs.
- Coordinate baseline and end line as well as other surveys to ensure proper documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Support programs in conducting participatory monitoring activities using a varied suite of tools that will ensure that implementation results are captured.
- Support the development of appropriate monitoring tools and methodologies to ensure qualitative and quantitative data is included in reports.
- Regularly update all the program indicator performance trackers.
- Provide regular training / capacity building for program staff in all tools and methodologies.
- Together with DRC MEAL Team, support in identifying and documenting appropriate accountability mechanisms for adoption by programs.
- Participate in the implementation of DRC’s Feedback, Complaints and Response Mechanism (F-CRM)
- Learning and project quality
- Support program team in capturing and documentation of lessons learned and best practices.
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned, reports and events.
- Capacity building
- Capacity build, train and support sectors and field staff to improve the field monitoring or any other MEAL needs.
- Participate in induction of MEAL to relevant program and support staff.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in relevant field (development or social research preferably with a focus on monitoring and evaluation as well as compliance issues) or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant work experience – preferably in social work, community development, non-governmental organizations, or civil society.
- Experience working with NGOs and/or the humanitarian sector, and use of data collection tools.
- Knowledge/experience with Monitoring & Evaluation specifically, information management or accountability.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Basic knowledge of data analysis practices and tools.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.