Deadline: 30 November 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Team Leader in Lashio, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Team Leader will perform the following functions:
- Monitoring, Evaluation
- Being responsible for assisting the program teams in developing strong indicators and logical frameworks as well as MEAL plans for new projects.
- Support the Project Managers with the active implementation of their MEAL plans, ensure MEAL plans are updated timely and MEAL findings are in place for all donor reports.
- Ensure the development of appropriate monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates that enhance monitoring of program outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on program outcome and promote and ensure use of data for decision-making processes.
- Develop and improve systems that strengthen DRC’ ability to analyze, improve, and represent impact internally and externally and most of all to communities themselves.
- In collaboration with MEAL Team in Yangon, develop and continuously update accountability strategy and lead in the implementation of program wide feedback and complaint mechanisms.
- Ensure that DRC’s team members are supporting all efforts towards accountability, specifically to beneficiaries and in line with international standards, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of DRC projects.
- Learning and project quality
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned, reports and events (kick off meetings, close out meetings, review meetings).
- Support project teams to collect and document good practices, lessons learned and feedback based on established MEAL plans.
- Capacity building
- Provide timely and high-quality advice to program managers as required.
- Capacity build, train and support sectors and field staff to improve the field monitoring or any other MEAL needs.
- Proactively support and advice on recruitment and induction of MEAL and relevant program and project staff.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in development economics, statistics, research methods, or a similar field.
- Master’s degree in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- At least 3 to 5 years of technical experience in MEAL.
- Proven experience in effectively working with a variety of donors’ requirements including DANIDA, ECHO, GIZ, OFDA and UN agencies.
- Experience in participatory assessment and community-based monitoring approaches.
- Excellent writing, analytical and strategic thinking skills, with proven ability to create and utilize MEAL findings in organizational planning.
- Experience with capacity building of staff, and in convening and facilitating trainings and workshops.
- Ability to plan workload, prioritize, commit to meet deadlines and demonstrate accountability for outputs with minimal direct supervision.
- Full professional proficiency in English including excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must send their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.