Deadline: 23 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Officer in Bekaa, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Officer will perform the following functions:
- Conduct comprehensive baseline and endline assessments and support the development of data collection methodology and tools.
- Regularly undertake field monitoring visits and Ensure the high quality of data by ensuring the accurate data collection, data entry and upload as well as basic analysis of information.
- Analyse data, create visuals (such as graphs and charts) and contribute to writing report and Ensure timely reporting on monitoring activities in line with work plans and project timeline.
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback on field observations and monitoring findings to the MEAL Team Leader and relevant program staff.
- Conduct participatory monitoring activities, such as household interviews, post-distribution monitoring, focus group discussions and/or community visits, with DRC beneficiaries to get information and feedback on the quality and relevance of activities.
- Contribute to monthly monitoring and learning reports and program evaluations in collaboration with the MEAL Team Leader.
- Provide support and supervision to MEAL Assistants to ensure implementation of set mechanisms across programmes, implementation sites and safe spaces to fulfill DRC’s minimum accountability standards especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism, and accountability in monitoring and evaluation.
- Regular coordination and follow-up with implementation partners.
- Coordinate the daily activities of small teams, often comprised of MEAL assistants and/or employees carrying out similar tasks.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in relevant field (development or social research preferably with a focus on monitoring and evaluation as well as compliance issues) or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant work experience – preferably in social work, community development, non-governmental organizations, or civil society.
- Experience working with NGOs and/or the humanitarian sector, and use of data collection tools.
- Knowledge/experience with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning specifically, information management or accountability.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of data analysis practices and tools.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.