Deadline: 30 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Team Leader in Myitkyina, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Team Leader is responsible to support the development of a MEAL framework and protocols for each technical sector in line with the country strategy, Ensure harmonized and standardized systems and procedures across different areas of intervention and states.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Team Leader will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Monitoring, Evaluation
- Being responsible for assisting the program teams in developing strong indicators and logical frameworks as well as MEAL plans for new projects.
- Support the Project Managers with the active implementation of their MEAL plans, ensure MEAL plans are updated timely and MEAL findings are in place for all donor reports.
- Ensure the development of appropriate monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates that enhance monitoring of program outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on program outcome and promote and ensure use of data for decision-making processes.
- Develop and improve systems that strengthen DRC’ ability to analyze, improve, and represent impact internally and externally and most of all to communities themselves.
- In collaboration with MEAL Manager in Yangon, develop and continuously update accountability strategy and lead in the implementation of program wide feedback and complaint mechanisms.
- Ensure that DRC’s team members are supporting all efforts towards accountability, specifically to beneficiaries and in line with international standards, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of DRC projects.
- Learning and project quality
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned, reports and events (kick off meetings, close out meetings, review meetings).
- Support project teams to collect and document good practices, lessons learned and feedback based on established MEAL plans.
- Capacity building
- Provide timely and high-quality advice to program managers as required.
- Capacity build, train and support sectors and field staff to improve the field monitoring or any other MEAL needs.
- Proactively support and advice on recruitment and induction of MEAL and relevant program and project staff.
- Manage and build the capacity of the MEAL team.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s degree in development economics, statistics, research methods, or a similar field.
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in MEAL.
- Proven experience in effectively working with a variety of donors’ requirements including ECHO, EU, DFAT, GIZ, OFDA and UN agencies.
- Experience in participatory assessment and community-based monitoring approaches.
- Excellent writing, analytical and strategic thinking skills, with proven ability to create and utilize MEAL findings in organizational planning.
- Strong technical competence and experience in quantitative and qualitative M&E methods, data analysis, reporting and understanding of contemporary trends and innovations in M&E including demonstrated use of ICT.
- Experience with capacity building of staff, and in convening and facilitating trainings and workshops.
- Ability to plan workload, prioritize, commit to meet deadlines and demonstrate accountability for outputs with minimal direct supervision.
- Full professional proficiency in English including excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages), both must be in the same language as this vacancy note through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.